The goal of routing a Work Event is the assignment of the Work Event to a Service Provider. When manually routing, all decisions as to the eligibility of a Service Provider are accomplished by the user conducting the route process. Follow these steps to manually route a Work Event to a Service Provider:
- If your Work Event is at a status of Prospective, you are missing one or both of the following fields that must be populated:
- Service Date and (optional) Time
- Service Location
Once the Work Event has these three fields populated, it will automatically promote to a status of:
- Draft if you have a WorkMarket integration.
- Published for all others.
- If you DO NOT have a WorkMarket integration, skip to step 3 as the Work Event is already Published. With WorkMarket integrated, your Work Events will start in a Draft status. The Draft Work Event must be promoted to a status of Published to be eligible for assignment to a Service Provider.
- Click the Publish to ServiceDemand button in the right side of the Info bar at the top of the Details tab.
- Click Yes, Publish in the Confirmation pop-up window.
- The Work Event will promote to a status of Published.
- Click the Assign to Individual tab (note the tabs along the top center). Service Providers are displayed alphabetically by first name.
[PRO TIP] Default Max Distance in the right column list of Filters is set at 100 miles and is editable as desired to modify search results.
Use the Filters to narrow down the Service Providers to the best possible match to the Work Event requirements. The data shown for the providers includes:
- [Note A] The Service Provider availability. Will show as Available, no conflicting events if the Service Provider is not committed elsewhere. Otherwise, it will show the commitment(s) that conflict with the Work Event being routed.
- [Note B] The Service Provider’s distance from the subject Work Event location (647.8 miles); the travel time required at an estimated 65 mph rate (19 hours and 24 minutes); and the number of hours already logged this week via travel and work (27 hours and 23 minutes). If the time is yellow, the Service Provider is approaching overtime status and if the hours are red the Service Provider is in overtime status.
- [Note C] Choose to display only W2 Service Providers, Contractors, or all.
- Click the green Assign button to complete the assignment to the chosen Service Provider.
- The Work Event will move to an Assigned status and be placed in the Service Provider’s calendar and an email is sent to the provider with pertinent details.
- Approximately 24 hours before the Service Date/Time, you are required to verify with the Service Provider that they are ready to go. The verification may be via any means (phone, email, text) but when verified, click the check-box in the Work Event header, Details tab, titled [Service Provider name] has been contacted 24-hours before the start of this Work Event, and everything is ready to go. If this box is not checked, a sub-status of Provider Not Contacted will display.
- When the Service Provider checks-in to the assignment, the status will change to In Progress.
- When the Service Provider completes the work it will move to Completed by Provider status. A supervisor, Project Manager, Project Coordinator, Admin, or other person is now required to review (QA) the Work Event to ensure the deliverables/requirements were met, complete the End of Work Survey, and Verify the Work Event. This fully completes and closes the Work Event.