To create multiple Work Events for a large multi-site Project, you will use an Excel template with certain data entries and upload that completed Excel workbook into ServiceDemand.
[PRO TIP] To use the bulk Work Event creation process, you must first ensure the following records have already been created:
- Customer record
- Customer site addresses for the anticipated Work Events
- Project in that Customer record
- Template in that Project record
From the Navigation menu, select Customers >> [Customer Name] >> Projects >> [Project Name] >> Work Event Templates
- In the Actions column, download the Excel file named ‘Download Bulk Upload Sheet’ for the subject Template and save it to your computer with an appropriate name for the Project-Template in a location where you will readily find it.
- Fill out the Excel worksheet.
[PRO TIP] When copying project data from another source, use the Excel function Paste >> Paste Special >> Values >> OK:
- customer: Prefilled by the program. Copy down to each row for each site in the Project.
- project: Prefilled by the program. Copy down to each row for each site in the Project.
[SUPER PRO TIP] If you created (or copied) multiple Projects to structure customer work requiring multiple separately named Projects for similar work across multiple sites, use this column to represent the Project names you defined earlier. When this worksheet is loaded, you will have created Work Events across each Project at the Location IDs in each worksheet line.
- project template: Prefilled by the program. Copy down to each row for each site in the Project.
- title: Prefilled by the program. This is what the Work Event will be titled as in all records and the Calendar so change as desired in each row for each site in the Project.
- location id: By row, enter (or paste) the Customer site Location ID(s) of each site you intend to bulk create a Work Event for from this sheet.
- sp team: (Optional) By row, enter your preferred name for the Service Provider Team (SP Team) you have designated to perform the work at this Customer site. This will inform the system that this line will represent a Parent Work Event (normally the site supervisor or lead SP) and that a Child Work Event will be created later in the routing process for other SP Team members.
- location type: Select one of the choices in the row 2 cell dropdown (Residential, Commercial, Government, Education) and then copy as appropriate by row for each site.
- location dress code: (Optional) Select one of the choices in the row 2 cell dropdown (None specified, Casual, Business Casual, Business Formal, Industrial) and then copy as appropriate by row for each site.
- contact first name, contact last name, contact phone #: This is the person onsite that the Service Provider will contact upon arrival. Often this info may not be known any you may enter MOD LOD (for ‘manager on duty’ ‘lead on duty’) or you may use your field service manager info as appropriate.
[PRO TIP] If the address was originally created with complete contact info [see Customer Addresses and refer to Customers >> [Customer Name] >> Addresses to verify], you may leave these fields blank and it will auto populate in the Work Event. Otherwise you may enter it here or make an entry here to override what is in the customer profile address record.
- service date: Enter the start date of the work for the site on this line. Format MM/DD/YYYY.
- arrival time: Enter the start time of the work for the site on this line. Format HH:MM AM or PM.
- service date until: Enter the expected finish date of the work for the site on this line. Format MM/DD/YYYY.
- arrival time until: Enter the expected finish time of the work for the site on this line. Format HH:MM AM or PM.
- From the Navigation menu, select Customers >> [Customer Name] >> Projects >> [Project Name]
- In the Bulk Import Work Events section, click the ‘Browse…’ button and find the Excel worksheet you created and filled out.
- Select Import Work Events from File and you will see a notification that it is in progress.
- You will receive a system generated email shortly detailing the success or failure of your Bulk Work Event creation import.
- This process creates a single Work Event per Location ID in the bulk upload template. When the Work Event undergoes the routing/assignment of Service Provider(s), that process will create the Parent-Child Work Event relationships needed to represent all the assignments at each Location ID. [see Work Event Hierarchy]