[PRO TIP] This procedure is for companies that have one or more persons, called Service Providers, that are routinely assigned to perform work for your customer(s).
If you are a one-person shop or do not need to assign work to any specific person, you may skip this procedure entirely and that will result in your work, called Work Events, proceeding through the workflow without the need for an assigned Service Provider.
Access to these options is based on a user’s assigned role.
- From the Navigation menu, select Service Providers >> View Active. All active Service Providers are listed here.
- Click Add Service Provider
- Enter the Service Provider profile information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Employee ID: (Optional) Can be employee number or HR system employee unique identifier
- Phone number (Mobile number used to contact them in the field)
- Title – Used for routing Work Events with Title as a filter option
- Manager name
- Search Address: Begin typing the address here and valid addresses will begin to display that match the entered data. To protect the privacy of a Service Provider that is dispatched from their home address, you may enter only City, State / Province, Country, and Postal Code. Once the desired address is shown, click to select it.
Note – Street 1, Street 2, City, and Postal Code will remain editable if you need to tweak the address.
- Notification emails: (Optional) If you want to enter more than one email address for this profile, enter them here. Hit the tab key between addresses. These additional addresses will receive all notifications that the primary email address receives.
- Company van (Optional)
- Is contractor: (Optional) Designates the profile as a contractor as opposed to a W-2 full-time employee
- Corporate card: (Optional) Select from dropdown options
- Click Create
- The newly created Service Provider will receive a welcome email with instructions to set their password.